ORCCA Code of Ethics
Mission and Code of Ethics
The Ottawa Regional Contact Centre Association (ORCCA) is a not for profit association founded in 1997 to represent and serve the contact centre industry in the Ottawa Region.
Our Mission is to create an environment, which fosters the responsible growth and prosperity of the Customer Contact Industry in the Ottawa region.
ORCCA advocates the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behaviour for all contact centre operations. These standards when conscientiously adhered to and practiced contact-by contact assure the long term satisfaction of ORCCA members, their employees, their customers whiles preserving the future of our profession.
Code of Ethics
By accepting membership in ORCCA, Members agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics:
- There will be no tolerance for disparagement of co-workers, clients or other Members on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status.
- We will promote and model workplace health and safety.
- We will uphold high standards and general competency of our employees by offering adequate new hire training and continued professional development.
- We will be responsible members of our communities
- In regards to outbound communication with the general public and businesses, Members of ORCCA engaged in activities of direct response marketing shall follow the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice as outlined and followed by the Canadian Marketing Association (CMA).
- We will put forth a positive and professional image of the industry with a view to maintaining public confidence.
- Members will adhere to all applicable, federal, provincial and local laws in their business conduct.
- Members will respect the rights and privileges of the public to privacy and honesty in their dealings with our centres.
- Members will keep themselves, their co-workers and clients informed about this Code of Ethics to prevent breaches of it.
- Breaches of the Code of Ethics or other actions, which bring discredit to the members of ORCCA or to the industry, will be subject to review by the Board of Directors and may be subject to subsequent action.
As a member of ORCCA, we agree to be bound by this Code of Ethics